What Are Common Pregnancy Symptoms?
A missed period is the most common indication, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you are pregnant. Some common pregnancy symptoms include:
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Food cravings or aversions
- Tender, swollen breasts
- A missed period
- Frequent urination
Think you might be pregnant and want confirmation? Schedule an appointment to find out with free and confidential pregnancy testing at our center.
What Are the Risks of Abortion?
There are two main types of abortion: surgical and medication abortion. Each comes with its unique risks. Some of the potential risks of surgical abortion include:
- Damage to the uterus or cervix
- Uterine perforation
- Excessive bleeding
- Infection of the uterus or fallopian tubes
- Scarring of the inside of the uterus
- Reaction to the medicines or anesthesia, such as problems breathing
- Not removing all of the tissue, requiring another procedure
Medication abortion has many physical risks to consider. Some of the potential risks of medication abortion include:
- Incomplete abortion ( may need to be followed by surgical abortion)
- An ongoing pregnancy (if the procedure doesn’t work)
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
How Much Does An Appointment at Next Step Cost?
Our team provides all services and support for free! This includes any appointment you make with us. We care about helping women and men facing an unplanned pregnancy and hope to help relieve some of the financial burdens with our free support.
Am I Ready to Parent?
Only you can truly decide if you want to parent, but we are here to listen to you and help you through it. Receive free and confidential pregnancy support from our team today. We offer free parenting support like fatherhood coaching, parenting classes, and professional counseling if you would like to learn more.
Do I Need An Ultrasound?
Yes! It’s important to confirm your pregnancy with an ultrasound after receiving pregnancy testing. It confirms three important things about your pregnancy, including…
- If you have a viable pregnancy (healthy and is progressing)
- Where your pregnancy is located (within or outside the uterus)
- The gestational age of your pregnancy (how far along you are)
After receiving a positive pregnancy test at our center, we can provide free ultrasound referrals and/or referrals for prenatal care to finish the pregnancy confirmation process. If you are considering abortion, an ultrasound is necessary, as certain abortion procedures are done at different times of pregnancy. A pregnancy complication could also eliminate this option for you.